Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cann't backup user mailbox then user is disabled

Alexey_Alexey
Level 3
Cann't backup user mailbox directory
then user is disabled
with Exchange Option backup Exec 9.1(SP1 + All Patches)
Directory not found. Can not backup directory Микитченко Наталья Владимировна and its subdirectories.
5 REPLIES 5

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
That's correct. When you do an individual mailbox backup, Backup Exec connects to each mailbox and backs up the data as if it were a user connecting the mailbox. If the account is disabled you'll also find that the administrator can't access it, so Backup Exec can't either.

Assuming the reason for the account being disabled is that you have a member of staff who has left, it's probably a better idea to simply re-enable it with a new password, which will keep it secure while allowing you to backup the data.

It's annoying I know, but I think it's as much an issue with how MS Exchange works as it is with Backup Exec.

Alexey_Alexey
Level 3
I have account 'VBE_user' - member of Domain Admins
and Exchange Admins.

Backup Exec backuping all mailboxes of Exchange server
VBE_user account have permissions to backup mailbox directory, but they cann't backup it

Sagar_Kamat_2
Level 6
To backup mailbox of a disabled account perform the following steps:

- In the Active Directory Users and Computers, on the View menu, click Advanced Features.

- In the Exchange Advanced properties of the disabled user object that owns the mailbox, click Mailbox Rights

- Grant the Self account Associated External Account and Full Mailbox Access permissions

- Perform the backup

Hope, this should resolve the issue.

Alexey_Alexey
Level 3
Can Viritas developers bouid next featches in next release:
VBE_account (member of domain admins group)
can auto backup all enabled and disabled mailboxes
without administrator.

Darpan_Thaker
Level 5
You may log an enhancement request for this feature using following link:

http://enhancement.veritas.com

We also suggest subscribing to our email notification service using following link.

http://maillist.support.veritas.com/subscribe.asp