cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Catalog, BE 2010

SF_Chewy
Level 4

Currently I have a new Backup Exec server, and I'm in the act of cataloging old media from different servers. Everything seems to have installed fine (BE and the SQL components), and I was able to properly install the tape devices and drivers. I'm also able to inventory and read tapes from all the slots. Now whenever I catalog, the catalog seems to complete successfully, however when I go to attempt a restore of said tapes, my catalogs are empty. I've tried several things, but to no avail. Here is the list of things that I've tried:

• Create a new catalogs folder and point BE to that new server
  • Disable "Use storage media-based catalogs"

I have tried to get around by importing the catalogs folder and restarting. They appeared briefly, but after I ran a restore the catalog for the imported files disappeared.

Is there any ways to fix this?

I have this current setup:

• Windows 2003 Standard x86
  • Dell TL4000 with 2 half height LTO5 drives
  • Backup Exec 2010 with all the latest updates and SPs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited
  • Copy the catalogs from the old server to the new server
  • Restart the BE services
  • From the Backup exec installation directory(C:\Program files\Symantec\Backup exec...by default), run the command: catrebuildindex -r

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited
  • Copy the catalogs from the old server to the new server
  • From the Backup exec installation directory(C:\Program files\Symantec\Backup exec...by default), run the command: catrebuildindex -r

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Also, do de-select the “Request all media in the sequence for catalog operations” option from Tools - Options - Catalog

And, do ensure the date filters are not checked in the restore window

SF_Chewy
Level 4

Thanks I have rebuilt the catalogs, I'll see if this resolves the issues when I do the restore.

SF_Chewy
Level 4

The rebuild seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Glad that you got it to work!