cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Delete Scheduled Job

thomas_Burnes
Level 3
I have tried using the GUI... DOES NOT WORK..

I tried using bemcmd from the following link.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277649.htm
DOES NOT WORK.
I really want to rip this out of the VERITAS Backup exec; go into the registry if need be. I really don't need a scheduled inventory running. Telling me how to go into the VERITAS directory structure and editing some file to rip it out would be great..

I need a step by step proceedure for removing this!

Thanks in advance for your help !!!
17 REPLIES 17

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Jobs can only be canceled if active. You cannot cancel the jobs that are not active.
However, you can remove or modify the Schedule setting from the Job Setup tab. Click Job Setup > from the Jobs pane, double-click the required job > click Schedule to edit details. In this fashion, you modify the scheduled details.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

thomas_Burnes
Level 3
Hello,
You are wrong unfortunately. There are only 5 choices you can make on a running job or a scheduled job that is running. (1.Run Now, 2.Test Run, 3. Change priority, 4.Hold Schedule, and 5. Delete.) I want to delete and can not delete. The job is stuck in a "Job Status = Ready" state and I can not delete it. I want to delete it. Please provide the proceedure to do so.
Thanks.

> Hello,
>
>
> Jobs can only be canceled if active. You cannot
> cancel the jobs that are not active.
> However, you can remove or modify the Schedule
> setting from the Job Setup tab. Click Job Setup >
> from the Jobs pane, double-click the required job >
> click Schedule to edit details. In this fashion, you
> modify the scheduled details.
>
>
> Regards
>
> NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two
> business days, this post would be marked "assumed
> answered" and would be moved to "answered questions"
> pool.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Refreshing the Backup Exec database will resolve the issue.
To refresh the Backup Exec database, cycle the Backup Exec services. If the problem still persists check if the job strats on clicking run now, then cancel the job and delete it.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

thomas_Burnes
Level 3
Hello,
No that doesn't work, recycling the services; nor does rebooting the computer. The job is still in the "Current Jobs" in a "scheduled" state with a "Job Type' Unknown; I can select it to delete it but the action still has no effect. I select the Run Now, but nothing happens.
What is the next course of action?
Thanks

> Hello,
> Refreshing the Backup Exec database will resolve the
> issue.
> To refresh the Backup Exec database, cycle the Backup
> Exec services. If the problem still persists check if
> the job strats on clicking run now, then cancel the
> job and delete it.
> NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two
> business days, this post would be marked assumed
> answered
and would be moved toanswered
> questions
pool.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

have you tried running a Database repair?
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265180.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

thomas_Burnes
Level 3
Hello,
I went to the site and executed the BEUtility. When I went to the 'All Media Servers" icon, there is no server to the right with a name on it..
What do I do now?
Thanks,
Tom

> Hello,
>
> have you tried running a Database repair?
> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265180.htm
>
> ******************************************************
> ************
> ***********
>
> Note : If we do not receive your reply within two
> business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed
> answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’
> pool.
>
>
> Thanks.

thomas_Burnes
Level 3
Hello,
I was able to mount the database and do a repair. The repair on the database was successful. The 'Status' of the database is still 'Unknown'. I was then sucessful in rebuilding the indices.
I went back to the backup exec snap in console and tried to delete the job.
It didn't work.
Can you help me delete it out of the database? or something?
Thanks,
Tom Burnes

> Hello,
>
> have you tried running a Database repair?
> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265180.htm
>
> ************
> ***********
>
> pool.
>
>
> Thanks.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Thomas,
Deleting the Database could be possible. However we suggest you to first try repair Installation.:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm

If that does not help you can follow the following Article. BUT You will loose all the Backupexec Configuration if you follow the Article. You will have to recreate everything in Backupexec:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254014.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

thomas_Burnes
Level 3
Hello,
I clicked on the first link read the instructions and tried it. It didn't work. I then clicked on the second link and read the instructions. This seems too drastic at this time. It is only one job that won't delete, not the whole database.

I don't see why I can't go into the database and delete the 1 entry.

Thanks

> Hello Thomas,
> Deleting the Database could be possible. However we
> suggest you to first try repair Installation.:
> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm
>
> If that does not help you can follow the following
> Article. BUT You will loose all the Backupexec
> Configuration if you follow the Article. You will
> have to recreate everything in Backupexec:
> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254014.htm
>
> ************
> ***********
>
> pool.
>
>
> Thanks.

clay_bowman
Level 4
Thomas you can absoutely edit the Backup Exec database, it's a SQL database after all. Log onto a SQL server expand BEDB, highlight tables, right click tables\open tables\return all rows. Then delete the job you want. Veritas won't give you this information.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Deleting the job from the database would not be recommended. However you could perhaps try performing an extensive database repair from the beutility.

perform the following steps in the given order:
1. Repair Database
2. Rebuild Indices
3. Compact Database
4. Age Database
5. Check Database Consistency

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Jamey_Stubblefi
Level 2
Thomas you can absoutely edit the Backup Exec database, it's a SQL database after all. Log onto a SQL server expand BEDB, highlight tables, right click tables\open tables\return all rows. Then delete the job you want. Veritas won't give you this information

Use SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager to locate the //SQL Server/BEDB database and the job id under the job table. Delete the row.

Joel_Schmaltz
Level 2
Were you able to resolve this issue, I am having an identical problem.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please update us on this issue!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Joel_Schmaltz
Level 2
Hi Shilpa,

I am having the exact same problem, the job is sitting in a ready state and cannot be deleted. I've run through all of the procedures that are posted in this thread with no success. The only one I haven't tried is deleting and recreating the Veritas database.

I also noticed that this is a very common problem, there are a number of threads with users having this issue. I was wondering if Veritas has posted a solution yet in their KB because this is such a common issue.

linda_keane
Level 3
Hi All Veritas Sufferers
I am having this problem too. when i try to "run now" the status goes to ready and does nothing, when i reschedule the job it does not run and then the status changes to not it time window.
Please help.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Thomas,

Can you please update us on the issue ?

Regards