cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Differential Backup on SQL Database after SP2 and HotFixes up to 41

Kingsley_Mok
Level 5

SP2 and all the HotFixes up to 41 where it was suppose to resolve backing up Exchange IS and Sharepoint issue...now my friggin Daily Differential backup for all my SQL Servers don't work anymore.  What gives?!?

I've done numerous tests and it's always been the same setup for a daily differential backup job for all of my SQL Servers...then I came across this recent article:  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301508.htm...

When I saw this KB article, read it again...blinked...and read it again...blinked few more times...then I went ballistic.  I yelled out loud with that big "F" word which echoed out in my quiet neighborhood... you get the picture.

...and I still remember the Symantec Technician who told me that they "have not had any issues with SP2 and all the latest HotFixes..." around the same time that KB Article was released....

Symantec really needs to test out their products thoroughly and better train their technicians to better handle the case--customer service wise.  I didn't like the way the Symantec Technician would kinda give me that "attitude" to me as if it was my fault.  So how is it my fault that Backup Exec was buggy and unstable?

There was one good technician whom I had a pleasure to work with before.  He was cool, honest, down to earth and great to work with in troubleshooting, but now he's gone and I get some really challenging ones now...some with an attitude.  Don't get me wrong, there are a few good ones, mainly level 2, just can't remember their name off the top of my head.... 

Message Edited by Kingsley Mok on 04-24-2008 11:54 PM

Message Edited by Kingsley Mok on 04-24-2008 11:56 PM

Message Edited by Kingsley Mok on 04-24-2008 11:58 PM
0 REPLIES 0