cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Restore to NDMP server using BackupExec 2012

ali_hassan
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Alright, I am in bit of a situation here.. I am trying to restoring some data from my backup tapes using BE 2012 to my NDMP storage from where it was backed up initially and you wont belive it I was able to do  this yesterday and restored about 1.6Gb of data and today I either seem to have forgotten how I did that or something has changed or I am going insane!

Basically when I select the files I want to restore and say I want to restore to an alternate location below is the error I get..

Capture.JPG

I have tried everything.. atleast I think I have...

> I can do a start -> run to  that location with no issues and as a matters of fact I have created the folder "rst" that way

> Tried browsing and selecting the desired folder still no luck

error2.JPG

> Tried using the IP address, changed the slashes...  

> I dont think the issue is with the credentials as I am able to click on browse and expand the NDMP servers...

I was able to do this yesterday.. I cant belive I have forgotton how to do this today!

Any Ideas Guys!

-A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ali_hassan
Level 4

Ok, the above error is just irrelevant becasue it doesnt mean anything apparently... I was able to restore by clicking on next and submitting the job.

So ignore what backupexec says when restoring to an NDMP server..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Don't you have the restore job logs from your restore yesterday ?

In it you can probably find the destination for your restore.

ali_hassan
Level 4

Ok, the above error is just irrelevant becasue it doesnt mean anything apparently... I was able to restore by clicking on next and submitting the job.

So ignore what backupexec says when restoring to an NDMP server..

Syed_Mazhar
Level 3

Where is NDMP option in Backup Exec 2014? I am trying to connect an Offsite/remote NAS with BE 2014 for DR plan.