cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot backup if file larger 30B

kiuem
Level 4

Dear all !!!
Recently , The system backup in my company have many problem. I using Symantec Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers and using target removeable disk with name : Smart Stor DS4600.

Today. I start backup with method : Differential--->sucess with file backup have 6,1B.

but when i start backup with method : Full Backup ---> can not backup when file backup have 30GB .

Please see image bellow.

Please help me !!!!

Thank you very much.

5 REPLIES 5

kiuem
Level 4

When i check directory :

S:\VERITAS\B2D

Please above !

I stopped all service Symantec backup and dont see file B2D000205.lck. I start all services and starting backup full but i can not success

Please help me

kiuem
Level 4

Why dont any people help me ?????????????

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Could it be that your disk is full?  Your .bkf file is 186GB.  In the B2D folder properties, specify a small max size for your B2D files and do not allocate max size.

Also, your jobs should specify overwrite and not append.  There is no advantage in appending to disk media.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Be aware this is a community forum, not entirely staffed by Symantec techies, but mainly by people outside of the company. As such, you would get help if:

1. Someone is online and can assist;

2. Someone knows how to assist you (others would pass it over unless they're into points-mining in which case they'd post fo rthe sake of it)

Point: Be patient...not everybody gets to forum queries immediately!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...just also check and make sure that there is no underlying hardware issue with your disk storage too!

Thanks!