Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot backup with consistancy

Jeff_HDT
Level 2

Windows Server Standard 64 bit

Backup Exec 12.5 w/ SP3

-Media Server Rev 2213

I am trying to run 1 job every night but it works some times and other times it does not. Sometimes it works for two or three days straight, other times it fails/Canceled for 3+ days straight

Latest incident:
Job Completion Status:

Job ended: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 3:00:34 AM
Job completion status: Canceled by service shutdown
Completed status: Canceled
The job was canceled because the response to a media request alert was Cancel, or because the alert was configured to automatically respond with Cancel, or because the Backup Exec Job Engine service was stopped.

Errors:
Backup- \\***********\D: V-79-57344-33861 - The media operation was terminated by the user.
Job completion status: Canceled by service shutdown

When I check on the services, Backup Exec Job Engine is running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

5 REPLIES 5

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

Check Windows Events Application/System logs for any errors that occur during the backup. Make sure that the Backup Exec services are excluded from any virus scan that is running and that there isnt any maintanance running.

Jeff_HDT
Level 2

Thank you lmosla. For some reason the services entered a stopped state. Event ID 7036.

Upon checking the services, they are all set to automatic for start up and they have the administrator account and password in them Domain\administrator.

I need to figure out why this happened now.

Does the service, "Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86" have anything to do with backups?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What is the OS of the server that BE is loaded on?  Check the SCL below to make sure that it is a supported OS.

BE 12.5 Software (SCL)

Jeff_HDT
Level 2

Thank you all for your responses. The OS is Windows Server 2008 Standard SP 2.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to Tools ----> Alert Categories and check whether there is an auto-response configured for the Media Insert alert.  If there is, clear the auto-response.