cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Tapestreamer

Gert_de_Haan
Level 2
At this moment we're facing a issue with Backup Exec 8.6. A Compaq DLT tape library is connected to a Windows 2000 server. The library can connect to HP tape tools and here there are no problems. De tape library is working and tapes will load to the streamer. I can make a test backup and everything is working. When I use Backup Exec the problems beginning to start. I can see the Library with devices. I also can see the tapes who are in the streamer. I can see that backup jobs are starting but seconds after the start the job gets the status "queue ". In this status you can wait till you drop but nothing happens. I think it has something to do with the connection settings in Backup Exec. On the other hand it is strange that Cleaning jobs will be loaded and finish without any problems. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Best regards,
Gert
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
From the device tab, is the drive started and ready?

Are there any Alerts? Is it maybe asking for "overwritable Media"?

Can you right click the drive and execute an Inventory job? if so, is the label in Blue (Overwriteable) or Black (Protected)

Gert_de_Haan
Level 2
Thanks for your help. Sometimes the solutions are so simpel. After the inventory job was finished the queued job started automatically. It is strange because normally the inventory check happens automatically when putting the tapes in the library.Thanks again for your support and I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

Gert

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Hmm

I''ve always found that when changing tapes I have to run an inventory.