cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to a remote agent

louis-ios
Level 2

Running version 2010R3.  Remote backup agent installed on multiple other servers. 

Backup failed w/ error, "Remote Agent not detected on <<server>>" 

and, "V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to..."

this was a regularly scheduled backup that was successful many times in the past. 

Selection list contains files on two servers w/ same logon credentials.  One server's selections backed up fine, the other got the above error. 

logon credentials is for a domain admin that has no problem accessing servers in windows explorer. 

I updated the remote agents on both other servers, rebooted all three machines, but error persists. 

under edit selection list, tested Resource Credentials -- one server fine, other failed, "a communications failure has occurred"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Add the FQDN name in the host file, if not present

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB

Check if the Remote Agent service is started on the remote server.

Open remote agent utility and check if the media server name appears under the publishing tab.

Make sure port 10000 is used by beremote.exe

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

Make sure BE remote agent service is running on local system account on remote server

Try creating a new job.

Make sure this remote server is trusted by media server:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO51868

louis-ios
Level 2

I checked the port & the remote agent is using 10000. 

I cannot establish a trust relationship.  I get the same error (instantly) as when I simply click on the computer name:  "Failed to log on to ..."

I tried steps in (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH24413). 

Apparently I can add folders from that computer if I use its IP address & not its name.  Although in all other respects networking on the media server seems to be fine.  I can access the computer by name in windows explorer.  I can ping & its name is resolved to its ip. 

When I used the Resource credentials test, connecting to selections under computer name failed, but the one using ip address succeeded (same folder).  see attached pic. 

VJware
Level 6

Add the FQDN name in the host file, if not present

louis-ios
Level 2

adding the computer to the hosts file did the trick.  now i can select the computer in selection list & the backup job is off & running.  I think it will complete fine. 

This is very strange b/c this selection list has been used numerous times over the past six months.  btw, the hosts file has no other entries. 

nevertheless -- all's well that ends well.  thanks very much!!

Machine_Transla
Level 3
Employee

注:以下是机器翻译,请vote您是否觉得有用,谢谢!

问题:

运行版本 2010R3。远程备份代理被安装在倍数上其他服务器上。

备份失败 w/错误,“Remote Agent 在 <<server 上未检测 >>”

并且,“V-79-57344-33899 - 资源不可以被备份,因为连接到 Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent 时发生错误”。

这是曾是过去的成功的许多次的一个定期地预定备份。

选择项列表包含两个服务器 w/同样的登录凭据的文件。一台服务器的选择项很好地备份,另一个得到上面的错误。

当在 Windows 资源管理器中访问服务器时,登录凭据适合于有没有关系的域管理。

我更新两其他服务器上的 Remote Agent,重新启动所有的三个计算机,但是错误仍然存在。

在编辑选择项列表下,测试资源凭证 -- 好的其他的一台服务器失败,“发生通信故障”

解决方案:

在主机文件中添加 FQDN 名称,如果不出现