cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete redirected restored folders

DaveS
Level 2
Hello,
*I now know that BE best practices suggest it is best not to redirect a restore job to another kind of OS

1. I redirected a restore job to the same server but a different volume. I was able to remove the actual restored files from the restored folder, but I cannot delete the folder that was created
The agent is NW 6.5 sp8
The media server is BEfW 12.5 patched current Windows 2008 Standard. Member of a domain
I looked at eDirectory attributes and cleared all, no success.

2. I restored RALUS/OES2 data to the C: drive of the media server BEfW 12.5 latest/ Windows 2008 standard
Cannot delete the folders. period. Looked at rights/ownership. No success.

Thanks for a clue.

Linux OES2 eDirectory AD restore redirect redirected
2 REPLIES 2

C_Andy
Level 4
 Hi,
Restart the Backup Exec services. They may have a hold on the folder that was created.

Andy

Angelos
Level 3
 Hi Daves,
As I understand it, you redirected a restore to a folder on a Novell server.   If restarting the Backup Exec services does not help. Make sure that there are no other workstations which have that folder open (either in Explorer, at a command prompt, etc). Also make sure you have rights to delete the folder. Other things that have worked for me. Use the DOS MOVE command from the command line to move the folder to a different part of the same disk.  You could also try after hours: Reboot your computer and login to the server. Type disable logins at the server console. Then use MONITOR.NLM to clear all stations except yours. Make sure that you're pc is not holding it open. unload all of the Backup Exec agents. Then give it a shot

Angelos