cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install remote agent on Windows 7 machine

kshaw
Level 3

We're currently running Backup Exec 11.d (Server 2003) and are up to date on the most recent service packs/hotfixes.  I have two users in house running Windows 7.  One installed the remote agent perfectly and we are able to back them up cleanly with no issues.  The second machine running 7 keeps giving me a Windows Installer error every time I try to install the agent!  I have tried running it through compatibility mode, running as an admin, etc.  I cannot find a download on the site for a Windows 7 agent (everything I've read thus far says that the agents aren't compatible for Windows 7 with 11.d - yet I have one working perfectly).

Nothing seems to work.  Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Unfortunately there isn't any support for WIndows 7 on BEWS 11D.
Here's the SCL:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/286600.pdf

BEWS 12.5 does, however have support for this. Not much of a help, but a point in the right direction.

Laters!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Hi there,

Unfortunately there isn't any support for WIndows 7 on BEWS 11D.
Here's the SCL:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/286600.pdf

BEWS 12.5 does, however have support for this. Not much of a help, but a point in the right direction.

Laters!

CraigV
Hi there,

Any news on this? 

Thanks!