cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install the remote agent. Please help

MArc_Laracuente
Level 4

I recently upgrade our backup exec server from 10d to 11d. I upgraded all remote agents except one which failed.  I got prompted that I was running the BE10d agent and it would be upgraded to BE11d agent. The install failed. I tried again and it fails with the errors below.

When I try to push the remote agent to that particular target server, I get this -

A fatal error occurred during installation on server
ERROR: Installation failed with error 1603.

------------------

When I copy the RAWS32 folder to the target server adn run set.exe I get this -

Error 1714. THe older version of Symantec Backup Exec Agent for Windows Systems cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.

--------------------

I tried installed the BE10d agent but still got that error above. I ran Setupaa.cmd directly from the target server but nothing happenes. I tried removing all entries in the registry related to Symantec, Veritas and Backup exec but still get the same errors above. I have rebooted the target server several times as well. Its  a W2K3 server with SP1 and we are rtunning BE11d with all BE updates installed through Live Update.

I really need the BE remote agent on this server ASAP.  Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi Marc -

I would suggest you try and uninstall the agent using the Microsoft Windows Installer cleanup utility.

You can download the application from this link:

Once you donwload you can run the application to remove the agent from the list. After that try re-installing.

If this does not work then I would suggest to contact support in order to correctly removing the agent manually.

I hope this helps!

- Jared

MArc_Laracuente
Level 4
I tried the Installer cleanup utilioty but the Backup Exec remote agent doesnt show up in the list.

I will give Symantec support a call i guess

thx