cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select anything on SBS 2003

Harald_Kiy
Level 2
Hi,

we have a problem after a new Installation of Backup Exec 10.1d on a Windows SBS 2003 Server.

when we try to setup a new job, the server in the select Window is grey, and we cannot see drives, or the exchange server, or the system state. Nothing is viewed.

When we put the mouse over teh servername, there is a message saying, that some elements could not be backed up.

can anybody help us with this?
6 REPLIES 6

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-- Was the installation successful or did you get any error while installing BE 10d ?

-- Does BE Service account running under Domain Admin Account ?

-- Refer the Technote
Repairing Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm

Revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri

Harald_Kiy
Level 2
Hi,

yes. the installation was successful.
yes. The Account is Domain Admin

And we already did the repair three times, without success.

Any further ideas?

best regards

Harald

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Harald

I don't know if this is your case, but something similar happened to me on a customer where the server's name contained strange characters (Spanish �).

After changing the name, everything went right

Regards

Harald_Kiy
Level 2
Servername is "server01". I think that is not the problem.

thanks for idea.

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Could it be that administrator's password is blank?

Check if the Backup Exec System logon account is right (a user with administrative provileges and no blank password). In a SBS version, using "administrator" is advisable.

I think there's a problem with the logon account, also you could right-click your server in the selection list and try Connect as a different user.

Regards

Harald_Kiy
Level 2
seems as we find the problem.

The administrator was in "Domain Power Users" Group. If we put it out of this group, it works.

?!?