cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get my Linux Server to backup to a new Media Server

ultan
Level 4
I have been at this now for a few days. Basicly I have migrated the media server to new hardware
Details of this can be found here.
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-migration-windows-2003-server-windows-200...

Everything was fine apart from one Red Hat Linux box we have.
I editied the ralus.cfg with VI to enter the IP address to point it to the new media server but that didnt work, I then uninstalled and reinstalled the ralus agent on the linux box, rebooted but that doesnt work either.
Now when I look at the ralus.cfg I see that it is pointing to my new media server but get this, backups from my old media server works away even though there is no mention of this server in the ralus.cfg..... thats the weird part. This leads me to believe that there is some other step I need to do here to get this working.

So what do I have to do to get this working? Is it a license issue?

Ultan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ultan
Level 4
Turns out iptables were getting in the way. Should have checked it earlier but I suppose what was putting me off was the fact that the older media server could back up the server with out being configured in ralus.cfg, still dont undertand that!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified
So you still have your old BE server in use? If so, check from the old BE server are there specified Dynamic Port Ranges in Tools->Options->Network and Firewall. If there is, just apply same settings for new BE server and restart BE services.

ultan
Level 4
Nope both the same!

ultan
Level 4
Turns out iptables were getting in the way. Should have checked it earlier but I suppose what was putting me off was the fact that the older media server could back up the server with out being configured in ralus.cfg, still dont undertand that!