cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog file access error.

Mark_Flanagan
Level 2
Hi there,

any time i try to run a catalog on various tapes i get an error saying the following
Backup Exec Alert: Catalog Error
(Server: "****") Catalog file access error. Possible reason: File not found, file is corrupt or disk full.If problem persists, please restart Backup Exec.
now it was working fine yesterday and now all of a sudden its not nothing was changed since yesterday. so i have ran SP4a for BE 9.1 on this to see if it made any difference but nothing. i need this tro run ASAP as i have to restore some v.important mailboxes "yestersday" !! can someone please help me
thanks in advance
Mark
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Do you have this problem with any particular tape/s or with all of them?
Please check the tape for read/write errors, try the backup and restore with a new tape.
You may also rename the catalog folder, disable option to use media based catalogs and recatalog the tape before retrying the restore.
Was the backup successful? Please check the option to verify that backup to ensure that it can be restored !

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool

Mark_Flanagan
Level 2
unfortunatly i didnt have the time to wait for a respose in the end i tried everything you suggested and more and nothing so i had to completely remove the BE software and reinstall and it worked for the remaining 4 tapes i had, so it was defenitly a software issue pity i had to do that but it was the only way and its fixed now, maybe someone should look it this more in Symantec/Veritas !!
thanks
Mark

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Mark,

Thank you for the feedback.

We are now closing this thread.

Should you have the same issue again, please get to us !

Regards,
Ashutosh