cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Admin Server - Media Servers missing from report options

sherb25
Level 3

Hi,
I current have an CAS with 2010 installed.  Attached to this are 30 media servers, which are a mixture of 12.5 and 2010.  All jobs are running correctly on the servers, and the jobs are appearing correctly in the Job Monitor tab.  The problem is with the reports.  When I try to run a report - for example, Backup Job Success Rate - Only one of my servers is appearing in the Protected server page.  The server in question is on 12.5 SP3.  I've checked the settings for my media servers and they all appear ok and identical.  If I run reports on a media server, then the server appears, listed as a protected server.  
I've removed and re-connected some of the media servers to the CAS, and I've checked that the servers are all up to date with Live update.  Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this as I'm rapidly running out of ideas. 
Cheers,
SJH
4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
If the report is run on the CAS, only backup set data from jobs run locally on the CAS will be present in the report.  When the report is run on an MMS, no data will be present since the media information required for the report is centralized on the CAS

Karl_Grabe
Level 2
This sounds like exactly the thing we are looking for: 3 Media Servers, but we need to present a consolidated report. Would a CAS address this? If I understand your response correctly, the CAS will only report on jobs run locally? So how is that a CAS then?

Thanks,
Karl

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
In a CASO environment, all media set information is held in the Backup Exec database (BEDB) that resides on the Backup Exec CASO server, therefore when a report that requires media set information is run on a MMS, the report will not display the media set information; this behavior is correct and working as designed.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
When running this report on a CAS, leave all the checkboxes empty for the 'Media Server' filter