cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Endpoint Security and Installation of BackupExec 2010 R2

Bettie_Claxton
Level 4
I'm starting on a test server to see what it takes to upgrade From BU Exec (in this case 12.0) to 2010 R2. I got two warnings. The first said thatI should make sure that I had applied the latest updates. No biggie - did that. the other says taht it wants the Endpoint management component installed. I have Endpoint 11.0 server and have applied the client to the test server. It not only wants it on the media server but on all the remote windows servers as well. What exactly does the environment check want me to do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

teiva-boy
Level 6
Dont worry about it.  Symantec just wants you to have their AV on your servers.

Make note, that you NEED to create exceptions for various things around BackupExec in SEP.
The installation path of the BE files, the beremote.exe process, anything to do with dedupe data/database, this goes for both the clients and media server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Bettie

You may ignore the warnings, anything in red is of concern during the environmental check.

Bettie_Claxton
Level 4
I'm aware of that, but wonder what the advatage is of doing the isntallation with it versus without it.  Also, some clarification on what, exactly it wants done.  Obviously if I don't figure it out soon, I'll not worry about it.

teiva-boy
Level 6
Dont worry about it.  Symantec just wants you to have their AV on your servers.

Make note, that you NEED to create exceptions for various things around BackupExec in SEP.
The installation path of the BE files, the beremote.exe process, anything to do with dedupe data/database, this goes for both the clients and media server.

Bettie_Claxton
Level 4
Thanks for the exception information. I appreciate your help!