cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificates in Personal Store of Server

broonie
Level 2

Hi there,

I accidentally deleted the Backup Exec related certificates in the personal store of my BE 2012 server. What are these used for and what will break with out them still in place?

Since deleting them I carried out a test local backup and recovery and it worked fine.

Cheers

C

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should provide more details of what files are deleted.

The only certificates that I am aware of of, are the trust certificates for remote servers.  With these missing, you would not be able to backup remote servers.  If these are the ones that you have deleted, then you need to establish the trust relationship again by selecting the remote server and pressing the Add Trust button.

broonie
Level 2

There were 2 certificates sitting in the the local computer/personal store of my BE server. They looked to be self-signed as the certification chain was servername - ROOT/servername - SERVER. It's hard to provide more detail when they are deleted.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It does sound like they were the Trust certificates. Browse to the Backup Exec\Data or RAWS\Data folder and see if the certificates here are similar. If they are, then restart the BE services and they should be recreated if required.

Ideally they only need to reside in the data folder in the backup exec install path.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Try to do a backup of a remote server. If the backup fails with trust problem then you have deleted the trust certificates and you need to establish trust again using the methods I have described earlier