cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change agents ip/hostname

cvillegas83
Not applicable

Hi

I have a running backup exec 2012 with a few servers (agents) added and some backup jobs. I have changed the ip address of one of my agents so I want to update the agent's address on BE, but I can't find any option to do this.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

if the agent is publishing to the backup exec server and if DNS is resolving to the new IP address then it should be handled for you. (as long as the server was originally added into Backup Exec by hostname or FQDN)

If you originally added the server in by IP address and not hostname or FQDN however you will have to retire the old server object and create a new object (and new jobs) as there is no way to change the actual name of the object (and the IP address is the name if added that way.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver

if the agent is publishing to the backup exec server and if DNS is resolving to the new IP address then it should be handled for you. (as long as the server was originally added into Backup Exec by hostname or FQDN)

If you originally added the server in by IP address and not hostname or FQDN however you will have to retire the old server object and create a new object (and new jobs) as there is no way to change the actual name of the object (and the IP address is the name if added that way.)

Colin_Weaver

You can check if publishing is now using the correct IP address by running a Backup Exec Diagnostics Report (an option somewhere in the menu below the yellow Backup Exec button near top left of admin console)

This generates a text file if you search this text file for the heading "Agents Seen by" then the following section lists metadata (including the IP addresses) for any remote servers that have published to the Backup Exec server during last 14 days.