cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Roboric Library Partition Name BE2014

Larry_W_
Level 3

The online help and manual both suggest it is possible to rename the robotic library partitions, However, when I follow the instructions given, I cannot edit the existing partition name field and there is no "apply" button either.

Can someone please advice?  Any help is appreciated.

Larry W.

Online & Admin Guide Text:

Changing the name of a robotic library partition

You can change the name of a robotic library partition.

See Creating robotic library partitions.

To change the name of a robotic library partition

1. On the Storage tab, double-click the robotic library partition.

2. In the left pane, click Properties.

3. Change the name of the robotic library partition.

4. Click Apply.

Screenshot:

Screenshot.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Cannot rename a partition, the admin guide is wrong.

As per Administrator's Guide, unable to rename library partition in BE 2012 / 2014

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH217801

View solution in original post

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Larry W: what needed to be said was this needs to be highlighted to someone from Symantec! Not just that the Admin Guide was wrong. Send a PM to Colin Weaver (he really is very good with responding and insider technical information) and highlight this to him.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Cannot rename a partition, the admin guide is wrong.

As per Administrator's Guide, unable to rename library partition in BE 2012 / 2014

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH217801

CraigV

Larry W: what needed to be said was this needs to be highlighted to someone from Symantec! Not just that the Admin Guide was wrong. Send a PM to Colin Weaver (he really is very good with responding and insider technical information) and highlight this to him.

Thanks!

Larry_W_
Level 3

Thanks, Craig.  Since there is Tech Doc on the issue, and they are aware of it, I don't know what sending a PM would accomplish.  The Tech Doc acknowledges it is an error in the admin guide, and the online help is based off that guide.

Thanks to the both of you.

CraigV

...aha. I thought that was the link to the Admin Guide...

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Larry - I was part of the software support team that queried this issue when another customer brought it to our attention. As such I can confirm that it is the text of the admin guide that is being acknowledged as a defect and you cannot change the name of a library partition

Larry_W_
Level 3

Thanks, Colin.  Perhaps the in-application help and admin guide should be edited to have this removed.

Moderator, this thread can be closed.

Larry W.

CraigV

Hi Larry,

You're able to do so. As such, since Larry Fine pointed this out initially, his post should be marked as the solution.

Thanks!