Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Library - I/O Station Enabled -dim BE2010R3

Joeson
Level 4

Hi All,

Please help me & teach me ,

how to enable I/O Station Enabled in Configure Libtray? (Dell PowerVault TL4000)

Joeson.

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Using the web user interface, go to Configure Library->General & check the box for I/O Station Enabled...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is a hardware question, rather than a BE one.  You should consult your library documentation on how to enable the I/O station in your library.  Normally this is done by accessing the library through a WeBUI interface.

Once the station is enabled, you would need to uninstall the library from BE and then restart the BE services so that BE recognises the library again with the I/O station enabled.   With the I/O station enabled, you will find that your "loose" one slot, i.e. if your library has 24 slots, you will now see only 23 slots.  The I/O station is invisible to BE.

Joeson
Level 4

It's Dim (grey box)

Joeson
Level 4

Hi Pkh,

Long time ago , I/O is enable, one day someone untick it ,

then the box always in grey.

So would you please teach me how to uninstall the library fm BE and enable it again?

Will this action clear all my existing schedule?

Thanks Thanks Thanks for your reply.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If the option to enable the I/O station is greyed out, you got to check with Dell as to how to activate it and enable your I/O station again.  If the I/O station is previous enabled and is being used by BE, then you do not have to do anything on BE.  You just have to make sure that it is enabled on the hardware side.  

To uninstall the library in BE, you just right-click on the library in Devices tab and select delete.