cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutanix backup host media container

acioffarelli
Level 4

Hello, i'm trying to configure a media server container as a backup host for Nutanix protection in NBU 10.2.0.1. I've registered and validated the backup host and the credentials but when i run backup/restore the system uses the NFS method cause the iscsi service has not been installed in the backup host.

Do i need to install the plugin in the media container? I've tried but i got a repo error.

-bash-4.2# yum install iscsi-initiator-utils
Loaded plugins: ovl
There are no enabled repos.
Run "yum repolist all" to see the repos you have.
To enable Red Hat Subscription Management repositories:
subscription-manager repos --enable <repo>
To enable custom repositories:
yum-config-manager --enable <repo>
-bash-4.2# yum repolist all
Loaded plugins: ovl
repolist: 0
-bash-4.2#

Can anyone help me on this? Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

HI @acioffarelli 

Unless something has changed very recently, iSCSI is not supported on a flex container. I am also not aware of this being made available anytime soon. 

Also as an aside, you are not meant to add packages to your container - especially in the container - as when the continer is restarted, you will lose any changes (the media server is not a standalone system you can easily make changes to, most of the system is recreated on startup from the repository - the exception being the data storage and configuration files. 

An alternate would be to use a separate host as the backup host running iSCSI for Nutanix.

You could always try to ask for a feature request from sales or BCAM if you have one, but this is not a short term solution.

Cheers
David