cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Read (recv()) error during Restore

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
We just failed (after 19 hours of work ) to restore Sql Server 2K5 from tape backup
(Backup Exec 10) with error :"V-79-57344-33938 ". Actually restore started already- database appeared in Restoring state, datafiles were created and ... that's it. Any ideas? Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Are you using Backup Exec 10.1?

If yes, have you installed

10.1.5629 Hotfix 6 - SQL 2005 (Yukon) support for Backup Exec 10d

http://support.veritas.com/docs/280204

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
I am pretty new to this Forum so I can not get it- I see there is 1 reply to my post but I do not see it. Nonsense. Any ideas? Thanks

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
Oops, now I can see reply that I did not see a while ago. Thanks, I'll try this hotfix

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
Unfortunately, after hotfix was installed our restore failed again after 35 hours (and 2.5Tb counts- it's around half of database size) with error:"V-79-57344-65072 Connection to the restore target has been lost". No luck! Thanks

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Yuri,

- Did you reinstall the agent? (in case the SQL installation is on a remote Server)
- Did you take a fresh Backup after the Hotifx Installation, before restoring it?
- Is your Backupexec Installed on a SQL instance?

Thanks
Regards

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
Thanks for your reply. Regarding your questions:
1,2) No, i.e. we did not reinstall the Agent and used old Backup (before applying hotfix). For test purpose we restored (using old Agent abd backup) small database (from the same Sql Server where production DB that we failed to restore is). And everything was fine. Therefore we decided that old stuff (backup and agent) is working fine with updated Backup Exec (after hotfix). Can this (reinstall Agent and make new Backup) help us? 3) Backup Exec and Sql Server 2K5 where we try to restore our production database are on the same server. Thanks

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Yes, it is required to update the remote agent on the remote servers after installing Backup exec hotfixes or service packs.

Thank you,

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
OK, but that means we need to backup again our DB or, by other words, all our old (before hotfix) backups can not be used any more?! Thanks

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

You need to install the Hotfix and then take the backups of the Database again...

Thank You.