cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact point for help with Veritas

Yaniv_Meyer
Not applicable
Hi there

Under the support contract we used to have with Veritas, we were allowed a free upgrade from Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 to version 10d. I recently started at the company I work for and they seem to have lost the CD's and licenses for their version 10d soI called the 1866 number for VIP support and they told me to submit an e-mail from the website to request a CD and my License keys. Problem is when I follow the instructions on the website to make e-mail contact, I keep getting the response that Symantec no longer provides e-mail support for the product I have. How do I go about contacting Symantec to request a CD and keys for software that I have legal rights to?

Someone from Symantec please contact me to help.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Yaniv,

I can only suggest calling your local sales rep and seeing what they can do.
Veritas haven't provided email support in forever, and the most any of the VIP support seem to be able to do is recommend you try email support- for anything at all.

Try to find out where you bought it from. See if they have a record of it.

Also, if you have a server currently running BE 9.1, you can extract the license keys from it by looking at the "BESERNUM.XML" file on that server.
Note these keys will not be valid for version 10d, you will need to do through a support contract.

Your new company may not be like the one you used to work for- you may not be elligible for an upgrade. If you have a support contract, you really should have some associated details for it available.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please update us if you have been able to acquire the licenses?

Thanks!