cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting symantec Support

jwc1972
Level 5
Hello We have symantac backup exec 12.5 we are getting the following error every night. I have add all the ports to the firewall it asked for, does anyone have any ideas? it saying contact symantec support which is easyier said that done Job ended: 19 August 2010 at 13:25:49 Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34040
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

On the remote server in question, go to the properties of the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows System service.  On the Recovery tab, change First Failure to Restart the Service.

If the service fails more than once, you would need to look at the minidump to determine the cause of the failure.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
Hi,

This happens on all client computers or only one?
Check If remote agent is working. I had a similar problem and I solved it uninstalling and installing remote agent again.
Do you have any event viewer errors, network events?

Regards,
JoaoMatos

jwc1972
Level 5
Just the one I think the agent is working it back up 41gb then just drop the connection, we running through a checkpoint firewall and then a cisco asa5510 firewall. If the agent was the not connection it would not back anything up, I will unintsalling the remote agent to see if that helps

cheers

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner

Did you check if Checkpoint or/and Cisco are not droping connections?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

On the remote server in question, go to the properties of the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows System service.  On the Recovery tab, change First Failure to Restart the Service.

If the service fails more than once, you would need to look at the minidump to determine the cause of the failure.

jwc1972
Level 5

Hi All

Excellent answers I will  go check. firewall 1 is a cisco as5510 this is with another company within a data centre. The second firewall is checkpoint with a different company  within the data centre. The Recovery tab was take no action I have changed this to restart the service. Both firewall companies say no connections are been dropped!

Thanks again for the answers