cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of Questions

Zak_Meekins
Level 2
Ok, so I just came out of an enviornment with NB Data Center and was tossed intop one with Backup exec and I think I am going to be sick. Is there a way to write scripts for this product? Like a simple script to show available tapes...anything or is it just as lame as it looks and acts?
2 REPLIES 2

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
There is bemcmd, the command line part of Backup Exec if that is your preference.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
hello,

You may use the bemcmd utility to execute scripts from the command line for that refer to the foll technote:

Title : How to start a job using BEMCMD and a script file
http://support.veritas.com/docs/235619

There are also several reports available for example you have mentioned available tapes, for this you can run the report called:

The Robotic Library Inventory report lists the contents of slots in robotic libraries attached to media servers. Usage statistics are provided for each piece of media. You can limit the amount of data that appears in the report by selecting filter parameters for the Media server option.

There are fourteen such reports in Backup exec 9.1 you may explore them under the alerts tab. Refer to the administrator's guide for more details. This can be downloaded from the BE GUI or the support site.

If this does not cover your requirements please write back with specific questions.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.