cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D2T Policy Guidance Required

Fly_Guy
Level 3
Hello All,

I've been attempting to get a decent D2T policy configured for a few days now, and am running into a couple of issues.

Here's what I'm trying to do:
- full backup on Sat (retention one week)
- incremental Sun-Fri (retention one week)
- duplicate all of the full + incremental data to tape daily
- duplicate all full + incremental data to another tape set weekly for off-site

I thought that's what my policy should do, but I seem to be only getting the incremental data being duped to tape.  I basically just used the sample "Duplicate Backup Sets 00001" policy and added an additional duplicate template to run daily.

So I guess that part that I'm not 100% clear on is what/how much data the duplicate job should copy.  Should it copy only the data from the last run of the linked job(s), or all data available in the backup folder?  For example, the default policy provided does a full weekly on Sat, an incremental daily, and then a dupe on Sunday.  Should that duplicate all of the full and incremental data from the past week?  If it didn't grab the data from all of the incremental jobs from the entire week it would be pretty useless... no?

Can somebody clue me in?  I also saw a support article for 11d regarding a known (not fixed) issue mentioning that sometimes not all sets from associated jobs get backed up (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/289787.htm), but I don't know if this also applies to 10d.

Thanks!
0 REPLIES 0