What can be the reason ?

DB2 Output
C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2.exe -v terminate
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2.exe -v attach to DB2

C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2.exe -v backup database TOOLSDB online load 'db2sqluv.dll' open 1 sessions options "NBBSA_JOB_COOKIE={65E36344-13C5-42F7-B568-D95B2AF0B118}" without prompting

C:\WINDOWS\system32>exit 0
9 REPLIES 9

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi Oleg,

It seems like it's having a problem with the space between Program and Files. Normally, I would suggest to just put quotation marks around the whole path, or make sure that the whole path was in each statement of the batch file (if you were using a batch file).

Where exactly are you seeing this output? Is this in the Backup Exec job log, or a DB2 log? Are you using a batch file in a pre or post command to stop or start the DB2 instance, and are you using our agent to backup the DB2 database? If you're using a batch file, then please put quotation marks around the whole path to the file and retry.

Thanks.

Oleg_M1
Level 2
Hi Sandy,
1. I am see this error in the Backup Exec job log.
2. I don't using any batch file.
3. I am use DB2 agent
4. Db2 agent was configured according to Backup Exec 11d Best Practices Guide: DB2 Agent

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi Oleg,

Please check the following registry key to make sure you don't have it turned off:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on local Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\ntfsDisable8dot3NameCreation

Have you changed this at any time? Setting it to 1 will disable the 8dot3 standard, and having it at 0 will enable it. With it enabled, it might not be able to handle "Program files".

Thanks.

Oleg_M1
Level 2
Hi Sandy,
By default, NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation = 0
I don't changed this registry key.

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi Oleg,

Please set that value to 1, recycle all the Backup Exec services,and try the backup again.

Thanks.

Sboucher
Not applicable
Partner
I'm having the same problem with BE 11d  and DB2 agent:

"DB2 Output
C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2.exe -v terminate

C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2.exe -v attach to DB2

C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2.exe -v backup database TOOLSDB online load 'db2sqluv.dll' open 1 sessions options "NBBSA_JOB_COOKIE={65E36344-13C5-42F7-B568-D95B2AF0B118}" without prompting

C:\WINDOWS\system32>exit 0
"

The value of NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation was 0  and I change it to 1   + reboot the db2 server,   but I get the same error during backup of DB2.

rdobre
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

Did you solve that issue? I have the same problem and I don't want to reinstall db2 in another path.

Thanks,
Razvan Dobre

bhinrichs
Not applicable
I also have the same issue.  I have tried running the backup job with the NTFSDisable8dot3NameCreation registry setting set to 0 (which is the default) and I have tried the job with the setting set to 1.  (I rebooted the server in between the attempts.

I'm running Windows 2003 Server, Standard Edition, SP2.

If I bring up the DB2CMD window and attempt to run the same commands as the BackupExec generated script, I get the same problem.  If I quote the command, it works.  Windows 2003 Server requires that the command be put in quotes. 

"C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\bin\db2.exe" -v terminate

I certainly don't want to reinstall DB2 (as the default installation directory is "C:\program files\ibm...").  Changing the registry setting does not solve the problem.  

Any further suggestions? 

TRG
Level 3
Modify the reg key to \\Progra~1\\

This worked for me this is my reg key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\DB2\PROFILES\DB2]

"DB2INSTPROF"="E:\\Progra~1\\SQLLIB"

"DB2CLUSTER"="WEBUICLT"