cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO: Failed to copy to the desktop user data folder. Object already exists

Ronald_Daris
Level 3
HI,

I'm using the Desktop and Laptop option DLO 110B02B that is part of the Small Business Server version of Vertias v9.1 that was shipped with my Dell Sever earlier this year.
But all the DLO clients receive the message.
FAILED to copy to the desktop user data folder Object already exists.
For some users the message is only reported for a few files but for other users more than 17,000 files are not backuped.
I already installed SP1 but I still get this message.

I hope someone can help me to solve this problem

Ronald
16 REPLIES 16

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please apply service pack 2 and check if issue persists:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275247.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Ronald_Daris
Level 3
After installing SP2 the DLO client software doesn't update. The files in the setup folder are the not changed. So either I already had installed SP2 or DLO is not changed in SP2.
I know from a previous update the DLO setup acts different when the setup files are changed. Now I could only chose for repair and remove.

So there is nothing changed in the error
"Failed to copy to the desktop user data folder. Object already exists"

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

This may happen if following is the scenario. Say you have created file A that you have backed up to LUDF and then to NUDF. Say another file of the same name is backed to LUDF and then to NUDF this error may occur.

To isolate this issue, create a new LUDF and try a backup on this new LUDF.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ronald_Daris
Level 3
Hi,

How can I change the location of the LUDF ?
I can only move the location with data. When I move the location the problem still exists

Ronald

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Check if this helps:

From the Desktop agent console

1. Click on "Settings" in the left pane under Views.

2. Select the "Backup folders" tab under settings.

3. Under the Local user data folder heading, click on Move and select the drive and folder you want to move the entire backup data to.

If not then please mention the error that it gives.

Regards

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Ronald_Daris
Level 3
During the data is moved I don't receive any error messages.

But the error "FAILED to copy to the desktop user data folder Object already exists" is generated after (also after a reboot)

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We would like to konw after installing SP2 whether you have upgraded the desktop agent to take advantage of the new features as mentioned in the technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/275247

To upgrade the Desktop Agent on the desktop computer
1. Exit the Desktop Agent, if it is running
2. Browse to the network server where the installation files for the Desktop Agent are stored. The default location is \\\DLOAgent.
3. Run Setup.exe

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thanks,

Ronald_Daris
Level 3
Yes I have run the DLO setup after updating to SP2. But like I told before nothing changed. This DLO setup ddin't report it was upgrading

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Was there any error message or alert ?

Regards

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Ronald_Daris
Level 3
When installing the DLO client there was no error or status message. Everyting looks normal. Only when the client is running the message "FAILED to copy to the desktop user data folder Object already exists" is shown

Chaitanya_Khurj
Level 6
Hello Ronald,

Try this technote.

When using the Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO), if the user data folder limit has been reached, it displays an error "The XXX user data folder storage limit has been reached."

http://support.veritas.com/docs/277019

Are you backing up only .pst files ? What all is being backed up ?
Does this happen while backing up only one particular file ? Have you tried backing up different files ? Try modfiying them, save them, backup them up. Give us an update.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Ronald_Daris
Level 3
> Are you backing up only .pst files ?
NO, I don't backup .pst files

> What all is being backed up ?
A full partition with mostly office documents and .c .h files
Serveral .c files with the SAME name are stored in seperate folders.
The local storage limit is not reached, current local storage space is about 1 GB the limit is at least 4 GB

> Does this happen while backing up only one particular file ?
Once a fault message is reported on a file this files never gets backuped. The message is reported on multiple files.
I don't see any relation between those files.

> Have you tried backing up different files ?

It occurs with serveral kind of files.

>Try modfiying them, save them, backup them up.
The C-files are created/edited with MS visual studio 6.0. The C-files are very often updated.

When I delete the file in the local storage folder the file is backuped correctly, but after a few days the message sometimes returns

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello

Have you tried recreating the user profile and then observing the results?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ronald_Daris
Level 3
The problem occurs with:
* new users on an existing profiles
* new profiles
* modified profiles
* windows 2000 and XP clients
* after user migration to a new client PC

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

You can also check for free disk space on the client's PC's.
Ensure that you also install SP 3 for 9.1 from the following link:

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691 - Service Pack 3
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278302

After the installation the SP, you need to reinstall the DLO client.
Hope it resolves the problem. If not, write back to the forum.

Regards.

Ronald_Daris
Level 3
I checked the page http://softwareupdate.veritas.com/be/vxsdm/findnewupdates.jhtml
According this site there where 3 updates needed:
* DLO client from december 2003
* SP3
* and SP3 hotfix.

I don't understand why the update from 2003 is listed because my version was more recent.

First I installed DLO client the update and rebooted the Server
Second I installed SP3 and rebooted
After that I installed the hotfix and rebooted

When I start the DLO client setup I receive the message:
A later version of "VERITAS Backup Exec DLO Agent' is already installed on the this machine. The setup cannot continue.

So it looks like SP3 doesn't contain a update for DLO at all.