cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Services has stopped working and won't restart

Simon_Foster
Level 3
Hi - I'm getting the message:

"Error starting the service Backup Exec DLO Administration Service on HPAHQ1576.
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

when I try and start this service as it has stopped and won't restart even after a reboot. The OS is win 2003. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx simon
9 REPLIES 9

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

What event id you are getting in an application event log?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Simon_Foster
Level 3
Hi

Error 1053: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Thx

Simon_Foster
Level 3
Hi - there is also:

18272 :
I/O error on backup or restore restart-checkpoint file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$BKUPEXECDLO\backup\master4IDR.ckp'. Operating system error 3(error not found). The statement is proceeding but is non-restartable.

thx

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Restart the server once and then verify the result.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Simon_Foster
Level 3
Hi - I tried that a while ago - no change - I've since uninstalled it but now I can't re-install or in fact install anything.

If I go to 'Serial Numbers and Installation' nothing happens.

If I run setup from a CD the process starts and then stops with "Product: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine Installation Operation Failed" in the MSDE_BKUPEXECDLO.LOG.

I've tried to clear out references to DLO in the registry and used MSIZAP. Still no joy.

thx.

Simon_Foster
Level 3
Hi - I forgot to mention that I tried to re-install MSDE but that failed as well.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
We apologise for the late Response.
Could you Update us on the latest State of the Problem?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Simon_Foster
Level 3
I still can't get it to work....

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- What error do you receive when you try to install the msde again?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.