cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO and "out of disk space" error

Robert_Kanigows
Level 3
On some of my laptops there is a problem with backup all selected data directly to network data folder. It happens usually when data size is bigger than free disk space on a laptop and then only a part of data is backed up to the server. In Job History from admin console I can see entries saying that some files failed to copy due to out of disk space.

Recently I discovered that all data from a laptop are first copied to local data folder and later to network data folder even when backup to local folder is disabled in a profile.

Any ideas how to setup backup directly to network data folder?

Regards,
Robert
6 REPLIES 6

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Robert,
It is by design so!

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Robert_Kanigows
Level 3
Hello.

So how can I do backups on laptops with small free disk space?

Reagrds,
Robert

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,
You have an option of changing the path for Local User Data Folder.

Please refer to the document below:

Where are the Desktop and Laptop Option client cache files located?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/269300

Hope it helps.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Robert_Kanigows
Level 3
Hello.

Usefull hint but what to do if there is only one fixed local drive?

When only a part of data are sucessfully backed up what will happen if I start backup once again? Can we say that DLO will continue backup from a moment where it was stopped due to "out of disk space" error? - if we assume that files backed up previously haven't changed until we start another backup.

Regards,
Robert

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

DLO wont continue backup from where it stopped. You will need to make sure that adequate space exists on the Local user data folder (LUDF). The LUDF is essential as dlo stores each user's data in two places to provide protection and restore even when the computer is disconnected from the network.

For more information on this option and its functioning, refer to chapter J on page 1181 in the admin manual for backup exec 9.1. Here is the link for the download:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266190

Do update on this issue.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Robert_Kanigows
Level 3
Hi.

I can't find anything more in the document mentioned. If DLO works in that way by design so there's nothing to talk about. I'm not happy about it but I have to live with this.

Thank you anyway.

Regards,
Robert