cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO issues restoring to new version

DP_IT
Not applicable
Hi there,

We recently went through an upgrade process at a client site taking their Backup Exec v11 to v12.5.  Part of that was upgrading their DLO clients as well.  We've run into one small glitch, though. We're having difficulty restoring data backed up from an old laptop using v11 to a new laptop on v12.5.

Timing couldn't have been worse. Server was updated, remote users were notified that their laptops need to be updated, then this laptop's hard drive fried before we were able to perform the client update. So DLO data from this one user was stored on the serer using a v11 client.

On a temporary basis he worked on a desktop at the remote office which had been upgraded to v12. Data there was being backed up no problem.  Now that he's got his new laptop, when we go into the Restore function we can see the temporary desktop in the list of systems to restore from. However, his old laptop doesn't show up, even though it's in the DLO directory on the BE server. 

I tried to manually place the old laptop data into the folder that the desktop computer created, and although the DLO client lists the files, any attempt to restore these files results in 100% errors.  I'm guessing there's some new encryption algorythm or soemthing like that.

Sooooooo .. how do I take this data that was backed up from a v11 client and get it onto the laptop running v12.5?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 REPLIES 0