cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO option annoyances

Sascha_D
Level 3
Im looking for a good way to backup our Laptops and desktops and have installed the DLO option. In testing it seems to work ok with 2 exceptions.

1 - it does not support removable disks. It wouldnt let me create a local backup on a 4GB Flash drive that i have (PCMCIA that i dont intend to remove) as a backup in case of HD failure and when the laptop is on the road. Weird this is that it would allow me to backup to my external 350GB USB hard drive. Anyways i cheated it by changing the location in the registry to the flash drive and that seems to work

2 - how do i backup my profile completely? I cannot backup files in use like the NTUSER.DAT. Can DLO support VSS on windows XP? Or is there a better way to backup laptops while maintaining their configs so we dont have to reset all the options after reinstalling the software?
1 REPLY 1

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Since the data is also kept on the NUDF apart from the LUDF, you will have an additional copy of the backed up data in case of a hardware failure on the system with the LUDF.

You will need to install the remote agent in case you want to protect the system state data and other info on the Windows xp machine. For additional information on how the DLO works, you can refer to chapter L on page 1121 in the BE admin guide for 10d. Here is the link for download:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279401