cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR file cannot updating

Ray_Chiang_2
Level 3
Hi
I am using BE9.1 on Win2K3 server. My problem is the DR file cannot update after successful backup. I tried to read http://support.veritas.com/docs/265503 support document. It suggest to check Global Exclude. I have not set any Global Exclude, but I exclude some folder an individual job.
I checked the other Win2K3 server which installed BE9.1. It just exclude some folder and no Global Exclude. It has not this problem. Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.
Ray
5 REPLIES 5

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

To get DR file updated, it is necesarry that no files or folders should be excluded or should get excluded. Therefore, please ensure that you include all the folders and files. The dr file would get updated.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Regards.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Ray_Chiang_2
Level 3
I have the other Win2K3 server which also has some folders be excluded, but the DR file also can be updated. Why I got different result?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

As mentioned the .dr file will not get updated if any files or folders are excluded. This is intended functionality of Backup Exec. If you try restore from this, it may not restore successfully.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Ray_Chiang_2
Level 3
Do you mean Drive C should not exclude any files or folders? Or All Drives should not be excluded?
It's because I excluded some folders in Drive C(e.g. temp, recycler, quarantine folder of antivirus) while I have done IDR testing. I can successful update DR file and restore by IDR.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

With Backup Exec 9.1 none of the drives should be excluded. If you upgrade to 10.0 then there is a fonctionality to update the dr file even with exclusions.

Thanks.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.