cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Backup Success But Full Backup Failed

mr_r1
Level 3

I having one issue regarding one guest machine.

I used Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 and starting of this month, I notice that daily backup are failed. The today I check the full backup found all failed for only this guest machine.

This guest machine using VMWare 4.1 as troubleshooting taken before this readd back this server for backup activity and restart the VMTool Services in guest machine. So for the daily (differential) backup is success.

Seriously folk, I tried to find in this forum Symantec but unable to find this solution. I still not sure either the tool in guest machine causing this issue or not. I also out of idea when differential backup success but full failed.

I hope someone who facing this before or knowing this issue able to assist me on this.

9 REPLIES 9

MSI_iqbal
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

What error is occur? you need to mention specified detail.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What is the error message?

Did you try pushing out the remote agent to this problem VM again?

mr_r1
Level 3

Error e0009574 - Unable to create a snapshot of the virtual machine. The virtual machine may be too busy to quiesce to take the snapshot.

When google it this issue found and we do troubleshooting base Symantec website(got 10 step resolution but no doing all) because need to trace where is the issue. Before this we having this daily backup issue but right now ok after restart services vmtool. Problem with full backup right now so not sure where is the main issue as I base on logic if you restart the services then it suppose to take daily and full backup. Manual snapshot it ok. Only this guest machine having issue and rest it ok.

Add the information, this guest machine have VMWare Tool without VSS.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you push out the remote agent to this machine?

What is the OS of this machine?

mr_r1
Level 3

Microsoft Windows Server 2003.

Not yet. I not push out this remote agent for this machine. My question if I push out the remote agent to this machine are this machine reboot? If no, I can do it now but if yes need to do after business office hours.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

A reboot is required when installing the remote agent on the VMs as this would uninstall the VMware vss provider and then install the BE vss provider.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This is probably the cause of your problem. Each time after you update the VMTools, you need to push out the tenor agent so that it can replace the VMWare VSS provider with the BE one. A reboot is required

mr_r1
Level 3

PKH and VJware. Thanks for the info. I will tried to push remote agent and update back the finding later.

maurijo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I think the same as pkh. But you can avoid the reinstall of the agent after vmware tools upgrade. You have to do a manual vmware tools upgrade so that you can deselect the vss writers.