cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format

Steve_Quirke
Level 3
Hi all

Bit strange this one....all of a sudden (without any config changes made), the Date format has switched from UK to US, BUT only in the Restore Job Property pages! All other tabs and areas are formatted correctly.

IE: 3rd April is formatted as 03/04/2006...but within restore job properties it is formatted as 04/03/2006, without manually changing it.

I've had a good look around, and cannot seem to find a setting to change this. It was always formatted in UK style before! Weird.

Thanks for any help.

Steve
6 REPLIES 6

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you getting any alerts?

Please check the event logs to get the related error.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Steve_Quirke
Level 3
??

Hi

Nothing in BE alerts or in the Event viewer. D

This isn't a specific error, the date format has changed from uk to us.

From within Restore Job Properties the date format has changed from (eg):

+Media Created 30/4/2006 20:00:05 PM (Tape 1 wednesday)

To:

+Media Created 4/30/2006 20:00:05 PM (Tape 1 wednesday)

I now have a mixture of both formats, with all new Catalogs now showing up in US format????

Very annoying...any ideas?

Steve

Steve_Quirke
Level 3
Hi again

Let me phrase it another way.....how/where do I configure how the Date is presented. Usually there is an option within software to do this IE:

dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy for example.

Any ideas? This is the second problem I've posted here since the takeover by Symantec, and the second time that I have received a (being polite) crappy response. (and like the other post, one response only, regardless).

Not too happy atm.

Thanks

Steve

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Steve!

We apologize for the delay in response.

We would like to know if you had changed the regional settings of the media server.

Furthermore,there is no such option in BEWS to change the date format from

mm-dd-yy to dd-mm-yy or vice- versa.

All the dates generated in the logs or reports are taken from the system date.

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Steve_Quirke
Level 3
No settings have been changed whatsoever.

All other jobs show up as UK date format, but for some unknown reason the restore jobs now show in US format.

But don't bother replying (you won't anyway)

Performing a simple file recovery can take 5 days!!!!!!! Friggin ridiculous!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you all!

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please try repair installation of BE .

Please refer the following technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.