cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduplicated Ratio not matching Media Size

Jeff_Cohen
Level 3

Backup Summary says

Deduplication Stats::PDDO Stats for (GRNFILE64): scanned: 21171699 KB, stream rate: 86.16 MB/sec, CR sent: 1391749 KB, dedup: 93.4%, cache hits: 0 (0.0%)

Backup was ~21GB.., ratio is listed as 15.2:1

When I check the media it created and used it says 20.2/50 GB used. Shouldn't there be only ~1.4GB of "new" written to that media?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

teiva-boy
Level 6

The media value is not a true representation of data written I've found.  The AIT-1 media value is there simply to emulate tape and give BackupExec something to see/use.  

The best way to get what you need is most likely from a report, or via command line of the dedupe engine, or as the summary says, "CR sent: 1391749 KB."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

teiva-boy
Level 6

The media value is not a true representation of data written I've found.  The AIT-1 media value is there simply to emulate tape and give BackupExec something to see/use.  

The best way to get what you need is most likely from a report, or via command line of the dedupe engine, or as the summary says, "CR sent: 1391749 KB."

Jeff_Cohen
Level 3

Found it, there is indeed a report that lists the deduplicated values. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.