cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting B2D files if a B2D job failes

Mike_Jones
Level 4
If a B2D job fails, how can you easily delete the data it created so you can restart the job and not have it put double the data on your disk. For example, you are running multiple B2D baseline jobs and you have a folder called B2D Baseline that the Baseline media set is pointing to. Then one of the job fails. In this baseline folder you have multiple (ours are set to 1Gb) files. In the job history it lists the files, but there could be hundreds if it is a large job and they are not listed in order. The only way I see how to delete that data is print out the job history and manually go in and delete the individual files and media sets? Please tell me there is an easier way. Thanks!!!!
4 REPLIES 4

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi Mike,

You can try to increase the size of the bkf file to 15 -20 gig per bkf file .  That way it not create so many bkf files and it will be easier to manage.

Regards,
HArmstrong
Symantec

Mike_Jones
Level 4
I thought about making a folder and media set for each job as well, but this will be time comsuming and tedious. Is there any downside to setting the files to say 20Gb? 

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
The downsides to having larger B2D files are:
  • If you have the preallocate option set, then it will take longer to create the file initially
  • If you have multiple backups in each B2D file, it may take longer before old backups will be overwritten

Mike_Jones
Level 4
If you check the allocate the maximum size for backup to disk files box, does this just allocate the space temporarily? For instance, it creates a 10Gb file, but then only actually has to use 1.5Gb, does it then "resize" the file to 1.5Gb or does it stay a 10Gb file? I would think the first.