cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Default Logon Account settings for old users

CharAznable0079
Level 4

I am trying to cleanup a Backup Exec install that was set to use a user's own domain account as the System Logon Account.  The problem I am running in to is that it was set as the default account for multiple users.  Is there a way to delete those logon associations so that I can delete the System Logon Account and create a new one without having to uninstall and reinstall Backp Exec from scratch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CharAznable0079
Level 4
Found the problem. The account I was actually using to authenticate against servers had it set as default. Now it's fixed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If I am not mistaken, deleting the logon account would break the associations.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Create a new logon account & set it as the default logon account by choosing the option Replace..This would replace the old logon account with the new one within existing jobs & new jobs..

CharAznable0079
Level 4
pkh - It won't let me because it says all of these users have it set as their default. VJware - The problem is I don't have the password as the user hasn't been employed here for a while and his account is gone from the domain.

CharAznable0079
Level 4
Found the problem. The account I was actually using to authenticate against servers had it set as default. Now it's fixed.