cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destop Laptop Option - what install ?

kajtek
Level 4
Hi. I`ve got Symantec 12.5, and i found nice option that Symantec include - with no licencse for 5 coputers - Desktop Laptop Option. So I`ll start install a new agent on one of the laptop - and here I have a few option. I`dont  know what kind of option i must choose:  All options or only Destkop Laptop Option ? I`dont have any license for my Windows on Laptop.

Remote Agents for Windows systems
Advanced File Option
Desktop Laptop Options
DLO Maintaince Service .

Thanks for help.
Regards,
Kamil
1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Assumign yiou are trying to work out what to install on teh workstaion then just install Desktop Laptop Option

Remote Agent for Windows Systems (RAWS) provides traditional backup support and can be installed on a workstaion but unless it is XP will need a license
Advanced File Option is basically a RAWS installation with Open File enabled.
Dekstop Laptop Option is tyeh Agent for DLO
DLO Maintenance Service is something that is installed on a Server to move some of the DLO processing requirements to another system  when doing file system protection with Delta File Transfers - again not needed on a workstation and potentailly not needed with a small (less than 5 workstations) implementation anyway.

If you are trying to install teh server then go through the Install Agents and options on theid media server to add DLO in (if it is not installed already)

I's suggest you do review the DLO part of the BE admin guide for more info.