cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory or file was not found...

TGiering
Level 3
Recently decommisioned an NT file server and replace with Server 2003 R2.  This is a remote server being backed up by our SBS Server 2003 running Backup Exec 10.d fully patched.  We also have multiple licensed Remote Agents and licensed AOFO.

Remote Agent was installed on the Fileserver
AOFO was installed on the Fileserver

Any backup I process trying to access any file or folder on that remote server gets the error message.

e00084af The direcory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

I have tried and or checked the following.  Please read my list carefully before making suggestions.

Remote Agent is running with the Local System Account and No errors in event log of the Fileserver
AOFO was installed and OFO folders were created on install
Backups were tried with AOFO on AND off.  Same result.
NO firewall is running on the Fileserver
Both Local and Domain Administrator account credentials were tried.
Submitted job passes credential test
Verifed permissions on the remote drives.
Shut off the McAfee Enterprise Anti-Virus 
Server that is running BackupExec can access the shares and  files that I am attempting to backup on the Fileserver without issues.

Pulling my hair out here....  any other suggestions?

Message Edited by TGiering on 01-22-2008 03:05 PM
4 REPLIES 4

Tom_Burrell
Level 5
You didn't mention it specifically, but are you using the same selection list (just edited) for the new server?  Do you get any data at all, or does everything just fail out?

If the answer to the first one is "yes", you might want to edit the selection list in text mode to make sure there aren't any stray entries for the old server lying around.

Just a thought.

Message Edited by Tom Burrell on 01-23-2008 04:20 PM

TGiering
Level 3
The backup job was completely recreated.

The failure happens almost immediately and no data is backed up.

Thanks for the suggestion though.  Any body else?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You say

Server that is running BackupExec can access the shares and  files that I am attempting to backup on the Fileserver without issues.

is this while logged on as the BackupExec service account?  or as  yourself or a Admin account?

Is this while backing up the new W2K3 server, or is the backup still trying to backup the NT server?

TGiering
Level 3
Hi Ken,

Backup Exec is set to use the Domain\Administrator account as the system logon account.  The job properties pass the resource credentials test.

The old NT Server is completely decommisioned, no longer on the network and no file selections that reference the NT Server exist any longer

Message Edited by TGiering on 01-24-2008 01:55 PM