cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling AOFO on a Single Server?

Future5
Level 4
I backup multiple servers using BE 10d with RANT and AOFO on all.

One of my servers though fails every night because it says the AOFO can't get enough free time to make the snapshot.

I tried uninstalling the AOFO from just that server, but then the backup failed because it couldn't find the AOFO!

Is it possible to disable AOFO on one particular server? Or better still, to make it work on a busy server

The server in question is a SQL server which is also where Veritas writes it's DB data, so thi sis why I think it's too busy as no one else would be accessing it at backup time).
4 REPLIES 4

Future5
Level 4
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- What error message do you receive?

- Kindly refer the following Document:

"OFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume" or "AOFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time for physical volumes. Reduce the activity on these volumes, or wait and run the backup when there is less activity on the volumes." (a0008502 HEX or e0008502 HEX)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/194940

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Future5
Level 4
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\PEARL\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
AOFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time for physical volumes. Reduce the activity on these volumes, or wait and run the backup when there is less activity on the volumes.

I can live without using AOFO on that particular server if it's possible to disable it on a single machine. Is this possible?

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Did the provided Document help you?

"OFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume" or "AOFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time for physical volumes. Reduce the activity on these volumes, or wait and run the backup when there is less activity on the volumes." (a0008502 HEX or e0008502 HEX)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/194940

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.