cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgruntled after BEWS upgrade and license just disappear

Trevoke
Level 2

I know you guys have nothing to do with it, so I'm going to try and keep the venom to a minimum.. I'm just really, REALLY mad at the whole situation.

I have been so far completely unable to find a number to call in order to speak to a human. I have license keys from BEWS 11 that I want to upgrade to 12.5. I even know the license keys because BEWS 12.5 is teasing me, saying "Hey, look at what you USED to have, now you're stuck with plain old BEWS 12.5, no more SAN shared storage option for you. No more remote agents". (it really does, in the overview before you install more license keys).

Do you guys know, by chance, a phone number I can use?

I have a licensing portal account, but I don't know how to search for a license key - as far as I understand, if I don't have the invoice, I'm completely SOL. Is that right?

.. In short.. BE is, right now, an expensive virtual paperweight.. And I want it to come back to life. All help will be more than appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

For tech support phone numbers see   http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_numbers.jsp?pid=15047

Is your v12 serial just a plain media server serial, or did you get a site upgrade of some type.  If the former, you will need to purchase a v12 version  of each  v11 serial that you currently own

Trevoke
Level 2

Thanks - now I know where to get the information I need, and bite the bullet if necessary.

(sorry about long delay, I was sick).