cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BE 2014 Server support BE 2010 RAWS clients?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hi - if I have some old Windows 2000 servers that I still need to protect, can I install BE 2010 RAWS client and have them backed-up by a BE 2014 Server ?

Thanks. D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE would support BE 2010 R3 and BE 2012 RAWS agents, but strictly for a rolling upgrade. Ideally you're going to have to upgrade to BE 2014 to get the full functionality and ensure you don't get warnings in your job.

That said, there would be nothing stopping you from doing this...run a BE 2010 R3 agent on a Windows Server 2000 server and then back it up with your BE 2014 media server. Just be aware that this isn't supported for anything other than rolling upgrades.
Refer to the SCL below, specifically Temporarily Manage Backup Exec Servers with Backup Exec 2014.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/xCL/TECH217478/be_2014_scl.html#backup_exe...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE would support BE 2010 R3 and BE 2012 RAWS agents, but strictly for a rolling upgrade. Ideally you're going to have to upgrade to BE 2014 to get the full functionality and ensure you don't get warnings in your job.

That said, there would be nothing stopping you from doing this...run a BE 2010 R3 agent on a Windows Server 2000 server and then back it up with your BE 2014 media server. Just be aware that this isn't supported for anything other than rolling upgrades.
Refer to the SCL below, specifically Temporarily Manage Backup Exec Servers with Backup Exec 2014.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/xCL/TECH217478/be_2014_scl.html#backup_exe...

Thanks!

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Thanks Craig - I understand re lack of support.