cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Changes

Luca_Salvatore
Level 5
We will soon be changing our domain structure, which will also mean changing the domain names of all our servers that backup exec is located on. Last time we did this backup exec shat itself and we had to spend hours on the phone to support and ended up loosing all our jobs and having to re-install backup exec on every server, as well as reinstall DLO for every user and re configure everyones DLO user data store.

This time I would like to be more prepared, is there a way to change the domain name and not have to reconfigure backup exec? If not, can i just simply backup the DLO data and the data folders for backup exec so i wont have to setup all the jobs again?

thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Backup Exec may require certain configuration changes after the Domain change. If Backup Exec services are configured with a Domain administrator account (which is normally suggested configuration)then you need to change all Backup Exec services to start with a new user account who is a member of new Domain administrators group. All Backup Exec service account logon information needs to be changed to
reflect the new domain information. If the entire domain name is being changed,All Backup Exec jobs that backup network resources have to be
verified/recreated as Backup Exec stores the network authentication
information. You may need to drop the Backup Exec database and recreate it. Refer to the following technote for the same:
Note: All media sets, backup-2-disk folder, backup jobs and other settings will have to be re-created or configured again.

URL - http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254014.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.