cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver Backup exec 2014 for library

Ghost46
Level 4

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my BE serveur, i have uninstal and reinstal it and now he don't accept to detect my library and i dont understand why .. and when i clic on the be otpion technical suport and obtain latest driver i come accross to the offical webpage of symantec ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Unknown Medium Changer is the title of the device and can be used for any library. The driver is a Microsoft driver. See the documents thatch I referred to earlier

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified
There is no Symantec driver for tape libraries. It should appear on the Device Manager as an Unknown Media Changer with a Microsoft driver. Make sure that your tape tape appear as such in the Device Manager. Otherwise BE all not be able you detect and use it

Ghost46
Level 4
He dont appear as unkown media changer .. How can i correct that ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. If it does not appear at all in the Device Manager, then it is a hardware problem and you would have to contact the vendor to sort this out. 2. If it appears with another driver, then use these documents to change it. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67639 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH33002

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

What robotic library is it?  Is it on the HCL?

What tape drive?

What interface (SAS, FC, etc)?

Ghost46
Level 4

Thank's

A little question the unknown medium changer can be define in all model of library ? Because i don't have this driver when i clic on "update driver"

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Pretty much yes, since Unknown Medium Changer refers to the Microsoft's driver actually.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Unknown Medium Changer is the title of the device and can be used for any library. The driver is a Microsoft driver. See the documents thatch I referred to earlier