cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate-Job per Script

Werner_Steinegg
Level 3
Hello,

i create a duplicate-job per script, because it is the only possibility to give the duplicate job an auto-cancellation-time.

The job works when I start it after the backupjob per post-script-command. But only the first time, the second time the backupjob runs normal, but the duplicatejob didn't start. I think because the job is allready build. Is there a switch for the script to write a deletion after successfully finish, as we can do in the GUI.

Hope somebody can help me.

best regards
Werner Steinegger
14 REPLIES 14

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I request you to elaborate in details your question regarding duplicate backup job and a script you are talking about.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Werner_Steinegg
Level 3
Hello,

so we have a backup job to disk, and we want to set up a duplicate job to tape for this backup job. It's work ok but the customer has got a single drive so the porblem is that when he forgot to insert a tape, the duplicate job hang and waits for the tape, and when the customer put in the tape of the next day, the duplicate job of the day before start :(

I try to find out how i can set up an auto-canellation for duplicate jobs, but the only way i found out is to make a script-job. But the porblem with the script job is that, when i run it once, i couldn't run it again by the post-command of the backup job 'cause the job is allready there. So i have the idea to give this duplicate job the attribute to delete himself after finish. But this I can do only in the GUI. :(

I need only a solution for this problem, and i hopa somebody can help me.

th scirpt looks like this (I only post the things i configured):
/* DUPLICATE BACKUP JOB SCRIPT */
/* operations: 90 */

JOB_TYPE=SetCopy
JOB_PRIORITY=MEDIUM
JOB_NAME=Testduplicate
PREFERRED_SOURCE_DEVICE_GUID={874D669c-FCCB-42EA-82BA-8822D3404EEA}

SERVER=servername
USERNAME=username
PASSWORD=password

DEVICE_NAME=TAPE 1
MEDIA_SET_GUID={426C7921-58A1-4655-8F8D-A17417F6B240}
OVERWRITE_MEDIA=1
EJECT_MEDIA_AFTER_COMPLETES=1
COMPRESSION_TYPE=1

JOBHISTORY_GUID={A1375474-D176-44D9-81CB-7276694BA6DD}

/* The AUTO_CANCEL_TIME value is in number of minutes. To specify hours, make divisible by 60. */
AUTO_CANCEL_TIME=150

regards
Werner

Message was edited by:
step2netMessage was edited by:
step2net

Werner_Steinegg
Level 3
:( still waiting for an answer.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

If our understanding is correct you have mentioned that since the customer has got a single tape drive and when the job spans to a different tape you receive alerts to put the next tape in this case you can configure automatic response to alerts.

Please see the technote below:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/192055

In this case until you insert the next tape the job will be in running status

if our understanding is incorrect please elaborate

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Werner_Steinegg
Level 3
Hello,

no this is not right, the customer has got a single-drive, but i have no problem with the free space on tape. The problem is that the script-created-job, is not running after the first time. When i delete this job in the GUI, the copy-job start correct after the backup job. Is there no switch for the script to activate the auto-deletion after sucessfully finish, as i can do in the GUI, with per-GUI created jobs???

best regards

Werner Steinegger

ps.:

1.) run backup-to-disk job (created in the GUI)
2.) run a after-backup-cmd in the b2d-job to start the script-copy-job (from b2d-media to lto-drive)
3.)all complete good

4.)running the same backup-to-disk-job (finsihed sucessfully)
5.)BE not run the script-copy-job!!!! :-(((
6.) I can not find an auto-deletion-command for the scriptMessage was edited by:
Werner Steinegger

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As you have mentioned here that B ecan not run the script-copy-job,

Please specify here the script you are uisng for the copy job.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Werner_Steinegg
Level 3
Hello,

you see the script above! I'll take the example-script from BE an make this changes posted above.

In the meantime, i think that the problem is that i must give the job a job-history-id from the original B2D-Job.....
Is it possible that every-time the job-runs it get a new job-ID.

So that is maybe the answer, but not a solution for that what i want to do.

A tape-copy-Job after a Backup-2-Disk-Job, which should only run when the B2D-Job is sucessfull, and the Tape-Copy-Job must have a automatic cancelation time.

Best regards
Werner

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

To cancell the duplicate job if not completed within the desired time frame. You may schedule the job to run within a specified time interval in the schedule options or enable auto cancellation of the job.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Werner_Steinegg
Level 3
Hello,

an this is my PROBLEM!!! There is no possibility in the GUI of the Duplication-Job to give him an auto-cancleation time!!!

Our Version is BE 10.0 build 5848

regards
Werner

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Werner,

In V10.0 build 5484 the duplicate job properties have a schedule option. Please look for it. If you don't have it please write back.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Werner_Steinegg
Level 3
Hello,

in the properties of the policies i have a schedule, but there is no auto cancelation.

in the properties of the "normal" duplicate-job are no schedule-options.

regards

Werner Steinegger

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

For tests purposes create a new policy with the same configuration and verify the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Werner_Steinegg
Level 3
Well,

waht should I said. I done this 3 or 4 times.....for testing and it works one time (the first) 'Cause of the correct Job-History-ID...the following Job the Original-Job has another Job-History-ID and so the Original - Script didn't trigger.....

The main problem is still that i can't create a duplication-job with an auto-cancellation from the GUI. and with the script (where i can set a auto-cancellation-time) I need a Job-History-ID which change with everytime i run the original B2D-Job :( bad luck.....veritas it's your turn to change this

regards

Werner

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As suggested in our earlier reply, to cancel the duplicate job if not completed within the desired time frame. You may schedule the job to run within a specified time interval in the schedule options.

Have you tried scheduling the duplicate backup job?