cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate backup set problem

Shiu_Fung_Cheun
Level 4
I would like to duplicate a backup tape and job start properly. But, a fews hours later, it require me to insert a tape. I think the destination is full. The problem is the backup tape type of source and destination is the same. Is it related to compression? Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the technote given below which explains how to duplicate jobs.

(title) How to configure duplicate jobs in Backup Exec 9.x / 10.0 for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/256096

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Shiu_Fung_Cheun
Level 4
Actually, I know how to duplicate. But just don't know why when duplicate one tape, it required 2 destination tapes to complete the job. Thanks

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
According to this document, http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255866.htm, you cannot select one device to be both source and destination. To copy a tape you probably need to transfer its data first to disk and later to a different tape.

Regards
A van der Boom

Shiu_Fung_Cheun
Level 4
I am now using 2 backup device to duplicate the tape.Thanks

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

We apologise in the Delay on the Response. Could you Update us on the latest Status of the Issue?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thanks

Shiu_Fung_Cheun
Level 4
Still require me to insert the backup tape....

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As mentioned earlier,

you cannot select one device to be both source and destination. So are you taking a backup on the b2d and then duplicating it on tape?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.