Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate job to tape does not start after successful B2D

WoCom
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I have a very odd issue.  There is a Backup-To-Disk job for an exchange 2007 server that runs fine.  The duplicate job to tape exist but it nevers runs, leaving no trace in job history, none at all (no failure, no missed, ....).

I'm running full GRT backups on Exchange 2007.  The policy is configured that if the B2D-Template completes, the BackupToTape jobs starts to duplicate the backup sets.

Running Backup Exec v12.5 with SP1 in an CASO-environment.

Anyone ideas?

Thanks!

Wouter Bruggeman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WoCom
Level 4
Partner Accredited

This case was resolved with the help of Symantec Support.

Explanation:

Initial the settings on the MMS where (Communicaton Settings) / Slow communication with the CASO and the catalog location was replicated (both servers).  When I ran the Normal Job it ran succesfully but due to slow communication between CASO & MMS the catalog was not updated on the CASO so the duplicate job couldn't start.

By changing both settings to Communication Settings / Fast connections with the CASO and to keep the Catalogs on the CASO (centralized) this problem was resolved.

Greetings,

Wouter Bruggeman

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WoCom
Level 4
Partner Accredited

This case was resolved with the help of Symantec Support.

Explanation:

Initial the settings on the MMS where (Communicaton Settings) / Slow communication with the CASO and the catalog location was replicated (both servers).  When I ran the Normal Job it ran succesfully but due to slow communication between CASO & MMS the catalog was not updated on the CASO so the duplicate job couldn't start.

By changing both settings to Communication Settings / Fast connections with the CASO and to keep the Catalogs on the CASO (centralized) this problem was resolved.

Greetings,

Wouter Bruggeman