cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate to tape problem

Afonso_Martins
Level 4
Hello,

I have a backup to disk, then after this is finish there is a job to duplicate to tape.

Yesterday, the duplicate to disk finish ok and also the duplicate to tape.

The duplicate to tape dosen't have any error messages, but if i go to the restore option,  i realized that 3 servers were not duplicated to tape.

I can see that the servers were backup on the backup to disk, but why did the duplicate to tape didn't backup all the data that was backup on the backup to disk job?

Thank you,
24 REPLIES 24

jiambor
Level 3
My duplication problems had disappeared and then resently came back.  I had to call support and we spent about a week troubleshooting it.  First they had me get to the current rev of 11D.  Not sure why that couldn't be done via LiveUpdate, but anyways had to go to the site and download the entire 11D setup for rev 7170.  Forgot what rev I had before that, but it was a 6000 something.  I upgraded and patched my system and still had duplication problems.  After a couple of days of debugging and troubleshooting finally was given HF23.  This cleared up my issues except for one.  Still having an issue where my duplicate job doesn't run at all.  I had this issue with one policy a couple times and it has not happen since I put the HF on and recreated the policy.  Recreating the policy before fixed it for a while then it would happen again right out of the blue.  Going to try and recreate the policy for this one and see what happens from there.  Of course if anyone has any info on duplicate jobs not starting at all, please post!

I hope this helps you Daniel

bboerst
Level 4
Wow, so it looks like they finally released a hotfix for this issue for 11d (both 7170 build and the 6235 build):

I wonder if they'll be releasing anything for us 10d folks...

Daniel_Lauritze
Level 3
Hi Jiambor,

Thanks for your reply - now i got something usefull to carry on with.

We are currently at rev 6235, so it just might be the main issue. I wont just celebrate just yet :)  but ill try and get a new rev. - see what happens

Thank you again!

Kind regards
 Daniel

Daniel_Lauritze
Level 3
Hi Bboerst

Thanks for the link - that looks pretty helpfull :)  (atleast for 11d), might just be what im looking for - still gonna go with the newer rev than 6235, but according to that link, its an issue in 7170 too, so worth the reading for most people i guess,

Kind regards
 Daniel

JRink
Level 3
FWIW, my B2D and B2T issues with Exchange 2003 seems to have gone away with Hotfix 22 and redeploying the agent to my Exchange servers.  So far so good....

JR